1) Valid foreign national identification card (current or expired)
2) Valid, unexpired motor vehicle operator's license, with security features, issued by another state or country
3) Original birth certificate with a raised seal issued by a foreign country
4) Marriage certificate issued by any state or territory of the United States
Email to: email@example.com
The Drive Only law requires you to be a resident of Connecticut for at least 90 days.
To prove this:
1) You must bring two pieces of mail or electronic mail from two different sources that show you receive mail at your home in Connecticut.
2) If you moved within the past 90 days, you must bring four pieces of mail, two pieces of mail addressed to you at your new address and two pieces of mail addressed to you at your old Connecticut address. Mail older than 90 days from List A, Mail older than 12 months from List B as of the date you come to DMV.
As of the date you come to DMV, all mail:
- Must include your name and Connecticut residence address
- Must be dated older than 90 days from List A
- Must be dated older than 12 months from List B
- Cannot be dated older than two years
The two proofs of residency can be from either List A or List B.
1) A bill from a bank or mortgage company, utility company, credit card
company, doctor or hospital
2) A bank statement or bank transaction receipt showing the bank's name
and mailing address
3) A preprinted pay stub
4) A Medicaid or Medicare benefit statement
5) Any postmarked mail
6) A change of address confirmation from the United States Postal
Service indicating an applicant's current and prior address
7) A survey of an applicant's real property issued by a licensed surveyor
8) Any official school records showing enrollment
1) A property or excise tax bill
2) An annual benefits summary statement from the Social Security
Administration or other pension or retirement plan
3) A homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance policy or motor vehicle
insurance card or policy
4) A residential mortgage or similar loan contract, lease or rental contract
showing signatures from all parties needed to execute the agreement
Parents or legal guardian of minor may provide any two pieces of mail addressed to the parent residing at same address to prove minor residency, or use their own CT driver license or ID which shows the same address as one of the two required proofs of residency.
If there have been multiple name changes, you must provide documentation to prove the continuity of the names.
When you schedule an appointment online, you will sign an affidavit that you will file an application to legalize your immigration status when you are eligible. The Connecticut DMV will check your criminal history. If you have a Connecticut felony, you will not be eligible for a Drive Only credential or a refund of any fees collected.